2016 Hurricane/Tropical Storm Claims Information
For the complete list of hurricane/tropical storm emergency contact information, download the hurricane claims flyer (PDF).
RT Specialty is here to assist your clients should they suffer a loss. We suggest that the insured use their best judgment in mitigating the loss by following these guidelines.
- Take photos or make a videotape of damaged property.
- Make temporary repairs to secure the business and/or prevent further damage. A good rule of thumb is to tell the insured to spend the money as if it was their own and no insurance was involved.
- Move valuables to a safe, dry location.
- Clean and dry everything that got wet with fans and dehumidifiers
- Raise wall to wall carpets to allow air to circulate.
- Clean wooden furniture as quickly as possible. Give special care to antiques, paintings, art objects, silver and brass.
- Collect inventory records, appraisals and photographic records to help document the loss.
Note: Most of our carriers also have emergency claim reporting procedures on their websites. If you do not find the information that you are looking for on the Emergency Contact Information listing please go directly to the carrier website!
If you have any questions, please contact:
Todd Mannschreck, Vice President