Source: https://gothamist.com/, June 1, 2022 by: Catalina Gonella Two people have now died from Legionnaires’ disease in the Bronx, health officials said Wednesday. The city’s health department said 24 people have been diagnosed since May 3rd, and four are currently hospitalized — the latest update on the cluster of cases in the Highbridge neighborhood of […]
The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980 (“CERCLA”) has been a prodigious generator of litigation for decades. First, the government sought to compel potentially responsible parties (“PRPs”) to clean up contaminated sites. Then, those PRPs who were found liable or who settled with the government sought contribution from other PRPs. Now, even after these […]
The Huntsville Housing Authority found high levels of radioactive gas inside more than 60 public housing units last fall but never told the tenants they were breathing cancer-causing radon. Residents of Butler Terrace Addition knew nothing until reporters from AL.com and its affiliate, The Oregonian/OregonLive, made contact with some of them last week. Read more.…
Source: https://whyy.org, January 31, 2020 By: Meir Rinde Megan Murray felt happy when she bought her condo in Kensington. She loved the walkable, up-and-coming neighborhood and was proud she could afford a $320,000 new construction home with high-end finishes. She wasn’t too worried, at first, that the neighbor in the condo next door said there […]
Source: https://www.constructiondive.com, August 14, 2019 By: Kim Slowey Dive Brief: San Diego State University, inewsource reported, mishandled a $2 million renovation of its College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts building to the point that a former OSHA official called the project, which ended up shutting down the building because of released toxins in the air, “a […]
Source: https://www.pennlive.com, August 29, 2019 By: Christine Vendel Cleanup of the Harrisburg wall collapse site next to the Mulberry Street Bridge in Harrisburg is expected to cost about $6 million, engineers revealed Wednesday, putting a pricetag on the project for the first time. Read more.
Source: https://www.chattanoogan.com, August 14, 2019 A couple that bought a condominium at the upscale Heritage Landing on the Tennessee River said mold under the house made them sick and the house no longer habitable. Tim and Muffy Mitch are suing the Heritage Landing Condominium Association, Morris Property Management, PDM Engineering, Mack McCarley of PDM, Precise […]
Source: https://thecity.nyc, June 12, 2019 By: Greg B. Smith The city’s Housing Authority and the Department of Investigation are looking into how NYCHA workers checking for lead ended up using expired dust wipes to certify apartments are “clean,” THE CITY has learned. The expired materials revelation raises questions about the credibility of the so-called clearance […]
Source: https://denverite.com, May 20, 2019 By: Donna Bryson The ensuing legal tangle calls into question how city building officials ensure that developers can meet the demand for housing — and do it safely. After the city raised safety concerns so serious that new beams had to be installed to support a row of homes in […]
Source: https://www.theadvocate.com, May 19, 2019 By: Marta Jewson Two New Orleans charter schools will spend a second year in temporary facilities as multimillion-dollar asbestos remediation jobs stretch into another school year. The schools — Lafayette Academy in Carrollton and Rosenwald Collegiate Academy in Algiers — had previously been expected to move into their permanent buildings […]
Source: https://pix11.com, March 22, 2019 By: Christie Duffy Rich and Tara Kazdan bought their dream home back in 2017. “It was perfect. We were going to raise our family. This is the town I grew up in,” said Tara Kazdan. But soon after, water started seeping through the walls and filling their basement, they said. […]
Source: https://www.irmi.com, September 2015 By: Kent Holland Where a natural gas pipe exploded due to construction workers disturbing it while working on an excavation project, the Wisconsin Supreme Court held that the resulting bodily injury and property damage was caused by a “pollution condition,” i.e., the escape of the natural gas, and that the contractor’s […]
Unfortunately Microsoft is no longer providing support or security fixes for your web browser. RT Specialty values the safety and security of its clients’ data, and as such this site requires the use of a modern web browser. To update your web browser, please see the links below. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 784-6001.
|Firefox||Chrome||Internet Explorer||Microsoft Edge|