Source: http://www.kcbd.com, November 26, 2007 A concerned parent called NewsChannel 11 thinking mold might be growing inside her daughter’s school. She told us school administrators were not letting parents know what was really going on. We went looking for answers. Five days a week, 180 school children as young as four-years-old come to Lorenzo Elementary […]
Source: http://www.businesswire.com, June 2, 2005 Mold exposure has jumped to the forefront of significant personal injury claims with a recent $925,000 award in Wayne County Circuit Court to an apartment resident. The verdict, the highest ever in Michigan for personal injury damages resulting from mold exposure, could ultimately force a new standard of liability on […]
Source: http://www.redorbit.com, February 26, 2006 By: Josh Adams, Eagle Times, Claremont, N.H. Concerns over a possible mold infestation at the Sarah Porter School in Langdon have prompted the school district to close the building for at least a portion of next week. SAU 60 Superintendent Joe Della Badia confirmed Thursday that students will attend classes at the […]
Source: The Miami Herald, February 26, 2006 By: Jennifer Babson In Key West’s crumbling City Hall annex, wires protrude from ceilings, workers have glued plywood to keep concrete beams from falling, and an air-circulation problem has given the mayor a severe case of itchy eyes. “It’s bad,” sniffled Mayor Morgan McPherson. “I’m taking steroids now.” […]
Source: http://www.allbusiness.com, September 7, 2007 By: Matthew Higbee, Connecticut Post, Bridgeport The town has sued the architectural firm that designed the middle school over a recurring moisture problem that is cracking the ground floor in several classrooms and causing mold to appear. The lawsuit, filed against Fletcher Thompson Architects in Milford Superior Court on Wednesday, […]
Read here about health concerns resulting from mold at a Connecticut high school.
Source: Post & Courier (Charleston, SC), May 21, 2011 Posted on: http://envfpn.advisen.com Mark Teseniar was skeptical when his telephone rang in 2007. On the line were his tenants who had just moved into a Johns Island condominium that he and his wife, Nan, own at Twelve Oaks at Fenwick, off Maybank Highway. “They complained pretty […]
Source: Times-Tribune (Scranton, PA), March 1, 2011 Posted on: http://envfpn.advisen.com John Audubon Elementary School students probably will not return to their school by fall, officials said at Monday’s buildings and grounds meeting of the Scranton School Board. As engineers conduct a study to determine the scope of work needed at the closed school, district officials […]
Source: The Times Tribune, Scranton, PA, February 24, 2011 By: Steve McConnell A $4.3 million toxic mold jury verdict in October involving two homeowners, their ruined “dream” home, a North Pocono township and a private contractor remains buried in litigation. More money, or a lengthy appeals process, could be at stake, according to recent court […]
Publication Date 10/13/2010 Source: Leader-Telegram (Eau Claire, WI) The Augusta school district might be forced to pay for the estimated $415,000 cleanup of its elementary school after the district’s insurance company rejected a claim seeking payment for mold removal that closed the building for the start of this school year. “It’s kind of disheartening,” Augusta […]
Publication Date 10/17/2010 Source: Orlando Sentinel (FL) Mold clung to the ceiling and left dark trails across the walls and floor. The teacher had already complained about the stench months before. Stuff was even growing on desks. Classroom 103 at Walker Middle School in Orlando had become a breeding ground for mold. When an inspector […]
Acknowledgement to Great American City inspectors received notice of possible building violations at a nursing home facility. Inspection of the facility found the building’s roof and interior were in violation of city codes. The violations were serious in nature including signs of water damage on ceilings, light fixtures, and electrical switches. Additionally, several employees reported […]
Unfortunately Microsoft is no longer providing support or security fixes for your web browser. RT Specialty values the safety and security of its clients’ data, and as such this site requires the use of a modern web browser. To update your web browser, please see the links below. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 784-6001.
|Firefox||Chrome||Internet Explorer||Microsoft Edge|